SKIN TIGHTENING WRINKLE REDUCTION
Skin Tightening and Wrinkle Reduction
At Maez Integrative Healthcare, we have a solution for your health and wellness needs.
You can comfortably achieve a more youthful, firm, and toned appearance safely and effectively. Elōs is the first and only technology to use radio and optical light energies to gently treat your skin.
Revolutionary elōs technology combines radio frequency and optical light energy to target treatment areas precisely. Elōs stands for electro-optical synergy. Integrated, the radio and pulsating light effectively, but gently, heats dermal tissue within the target area.
To better understand the technology, it is helpful to understand the make-up of the skin. The skin consists of three layers. The epidermis is the outer layer, the dermis is the middle layer, and the internal layer is called the subcutaneous layer.
Each of these layers has sublayers:
- The epidermis has five distinct sublayers, mainly consisting of dead skin cells held together by fats and proteins. The epidermis continually renews every month or so because it is constantly shedding dead skin cells.
- The dermis has two sublayers where blood and lymph vessels, hair follicles, sweat, oil glands, and nerves are found. This is also where collagen and elastin are manufactured to give skin resilience and strength.
- The subcutaneous layer is made up of fat and connective tissue and contains large blood vessels and nerves.
ReFirme heats the dermal tissues, targeting the collagen and elastin. This gentle heating stimulates collagen production and renews the skin’s natural elastin. It also tightens existing collagen fibers, causing lax skin to firm up. Collagen production also helps reduce the look of wrinkles and noticeably lifts sagging skin, resulting in a smoother, more toned, and luminous appearance.
What Are the Benefits of ReFirme?
ReFirme is a gentle, noninvasive procedure that works for men and women with all skin types and tones. If wrinkles and sagging skin are your worries, ReFirme may be the solution you have been seeking.
ReFirme offers a multitude of benefits and advantages to enjoy:
- Skin renewal: ReFirme treatments gradually improve the skin in a variety of ways, such as wrinkle and fine line reduction, smoother-looking skin, improved skin laxity, tightened and firmed skin, and enhanced skin texture.
- No downtime: Since the treatment is noninvasive, most clients can return to work and their daily activities immediately. Some clients may experience slight redness or swelling, but these effects are rare and disappear quickly.
- Effective for all skin types: Most people see results regardless of their skin type or tone and have no side effects. Those who are highly light-sensitive, have allergies, or are prone to sensitive skin issues should discuss the procedure with their cosmetic specialist to ensure it will be safe.
- No pain, just gain: The optical light is not as intense as traditional laser treatment, so heating of the dermal tissue is gentle and painless. ReFirme also has built-in cooling technology for quick comfort.
- Ongoing results: Your cosmetic specialist will counsel you on how many treatments will be needed to achieve your goals based on your skin type and other factors. A great benefit of ReFirme is that results are gradual and cumulative, meaning your skin looks better as collagen continues to be stimulated and repaired.
- Noninvasive: Some people do not have the time or desire to go under the knife to improve their wrinkles and sagging skin. While surgical procedures have their benefits, those who want a quicker, less-painful solution may find it with ReFirme.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Body Areas Respond Best to ReFirme?
ReFirme works on almost all areas of the face and body where fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin are present, including:
- Undereye area
- Brow lines
- Nasolabial folds
- Upper arms
What Can I Expect During Treatment?
First, your cosmetic specialist will clean the skin in the treatment area. Then, they will apply a gel and test the device’s settings to ensure the skin has no bad reaction. They will adjust the light and radio settings for maximum comfort and effectiveness. You will be given eye protection to wear during the session.
You will feel light pressure as the applicator makes full contact with your skin. Each laser pulse lasts only a fraction of a second. With each pass, heat will gradually accumulate. However, built-in cooling technology will quickly go to work.
Immediately after treatment, your skin may feel slightly warm. Some clients experience slight redness or swelling in the treatment area that quickly goes away.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
Every person has different skin types and goals. Your cosmetic specialist will discuss a treatment plan that is best for you. Most clients need four to six treatments to see optimal results, but many start seeing results after two or three sessions. Sessions are spaced three to six weeks apart to give the procedure time to work.
How Long Do Results Last?
Your cosmetic specialist will recommend skin care routines to help you maximize the procedure’s effectiveness and increase the time needed between maintenance treatments. Many clients will enjoy years of luminous and youthful-looking skin before needing maintenance.
Is ReFirme Safe?
ReFirme is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for wrinkle reduction. It is nonsurgical and noninvasive, so there are no drugs or anesthetics involved. Clients rarely experience any side effects from ReFirme treatments.
Can I Be Treated if I am Pregnant?
We advise clients who are pregnant or nursing to wait to have their ReFirme treatments. We also recommend waiting if you:
- Are currently on antibiotics or anticoagulants.
- Are currently taking medications or vitamins that increase photosensitivity.
- Have extremely tanned skin.
- Have sores, rash, eczema, or psoriasis in the treatment areas.
- Have had a mild to deep chemical peel.
- Have recently had Botox or hyaluronic acid injections.
Your cosmetic specialist will advise you how long you need to wait before enjoying the benefits of ReFirme.
Who Is Not a Candidate for ReFirme?
Your cosmetic specialist will take a complete medical history because not everyone will be approved to undergo the procedure, most notably those with:
- A pacemaker.
- Severe cardiac conditions.
- Superficial metal or other implants in the treatment area.
- Injections of synthetic fillers, such as silicone, in the treatment areas.
- The following medical conditions: lupus, cancer of any kind, poorly controlled diabetes, and other endocrine disorders.
Do I Need Post-Treatment Care?
We recommend avoiding scratching, massages, and hot baths for the first two days following each treatment. We also advise washing the area gently without using harsh products or heat and softly patting it dry. If scabbing occurs, use a moisturizing cream, and let the scabs shed naturally. Use sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher for at least two weeks following treatment. Avoid too much sun exposure between treatments.